Our school's central aim is the achievement of the highest possible standards by all children. We provide an environment in which:
- Quality teaching and learning come first.
- Hard work and positive achievements are always praised.
- Very high standards of behaviour are expected.
- Staff, children, parents and governors all work together.
- Visitors are welcomed.
- There is a calm, orderly and purposeful atmosphere.
Our curriculum is underpinned by the values of our school:
- We value each child, each being unique, and our curriculum promotes respect for the views of each individual child, as well as for people of all cultures.
- We value spiritual and moral development alongside intellectual and physical growth.
- We value and respect each child in our school for who they are and treat them with respect, fairness and honesty.
- We aim for each individual to be successful and thus provide equal opportunities for all the children in our school.
- We value each person in our community and aspire to promote co-operation and understanding between all members of our community through our curriculum.
- We value our learning environment and aim to teach children to be responsible for our school and locality, the things and the people within it.
Through offering a broad, balanced, creative and challenging curriculum, our children will be supported to:
- Establish a healthy lifestyle
· Understand how to keep themselves safe
· Enjoy their learning and achieve their potential
· Make a positive contribution to the school, and wider, community
· Develop age appropriate understanding of economic wellbeing
· Develop lively, enquiring minds
· Develop a positive attitude to learning as a basis for lifelong learning
· Be able to question, discuss and make choices as independent learners, understanding right from wrong
· Acquire a good level skill in literacy, numeracy and information communication technology (ICT) as well as develop their knowledge and understanding of the world around them
· Recognise and appreciate their own achievements and those of others
· Develop creativity and curiosity in their learning
- Understand the importance of truth and fairness, and the difference between right and wrong so that they may be good, responsible citizens within society